B. ARCH (HONS) RAIA
Greg Barnett – Managing Director
In an extensive career Greg has designed and managed the delivery of award-winning architectural and interiors projects throughout Australia and in NZ, India and Papua New Guinea including office facilities, luxury hotels and resorts, residential buildings and industrial developments.
His skill in strategy and masterplanning complex facilities is matched by his insightful commercial input on every project.
Prior to founding WMK and after graduating from the University of Melbourne, Greg was a director of Spowers Architects in Melbourne and national director of Spowers Australia. From this period, his relevant architectural experience includes the 50 storey Bourke Place development in Melbourne, the $75 million Riverside Quay Development, and numerous office buildings including 601, 441, 615 and 509 St Kilda Road. Greg’s extensive interiors experience includes the 12,000m2 Gas and Fuel relocation in Melbourne, Head Office and Call Centre facilities for NRMA in Victoria and Queensland, and Head Office facilities for Transfield in Brisbane and Sydney.
At WMK, Greg’s ability to bring commercial opportunity to a project is evidenced by WMK winning the design competition for a new two-tower development in Haymarket, now in the construction phase. The scheme delivers two distinctive residential towers for 271 apartments and 8,500m2 of retail space in a vibrant design for inner-city living.
- City of City Sanctioned competition winning $200M The Quay residential, mixed use development incorporating two 17 storey residential towers, 3 level retail podium and multi-level basement carparking
- Barangaroo Cultural Centre
- Blackmores $30M sustainable head office and production campus, Warriewood
- World leading Sargood Centre - $16M innovative luxury respite and life education facility for people with spinal cord injuries Collaroy Point
- Bella Vista $60M Lifetime Care and Retirement Resort incorporating Dementia, High Care, Low Care and luxury Independent living units in a landscaped resort setting
- Competition winning ‘Project Barcelona’. Highly innovative and sustainable $15M learning and administration environment for NBCS and SCIL
- Virgin Active Fitness Clubs
- Wella Australia office building and fitout, North Ryde
- 190,000m2 IBC Business Centre 12.8 HA Master Plan
- 20,000m2 Toyota TMH office warehouse, Moorebank
- Doncaster BMW $15M 14,400m2 car sales and service complex redevelopment, Melbourne
- Palms Shopping Centre re-branding and refurbishment, Coffs Harbour
- Shangri–La hotel refurbishment, retail upgrade and residential development, Cairns
- 200 Residential unit "Greensky" mixed use development, Alexandria
- The Tree at 1770 boutique residential development, 1770
- Moretons 47 residential unit development, Hervey Bay
- Sansara $100M luxury residential resort, Agnes Water
- Morgan Industrial Carbon office warehouse, Milperra
- Highlands Retirement Village, master plan
- Strathfield Residential Development and sports club
- 241 Castlereagh Street office refurbishment
- 346 Kent Street office refurbishment
- 40,000m2 AMP office fit out Sydney, Melbourne, Parramatta